Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Greetings and Blessed Be:

This weekend I went and enjoyed the winter olympics with my husband, his parents, and the kids. Even though we left Friday night when it was dark, the sky was so clear, and so many stars and different lights, the drive was fantastic and very relaxing. It took about 3 1/2 hours to reach our destination of Birch Bay, Washington, which is about 5 minutes away from the Peace Arch and entry into Canada. This is part of the view from the hotel balcony:




The pool and hot tub area where we relaxed after a 3 1/2 hour drive:



This was a much needed getaway and unplugged few days so I could hopefully sleep and recharge my brain, which I was successful at. So Saturday morning we got up and made the rest of the trek to Vancouver.. the drive was incredible, the sun was out, it was warm enough to not need a coat, and just beautiful scenery all the way around. My Canadian friends are sooooo lucky. We just enjoyed the sights and sounds, and then of course, our ultimate destination of the women's hockey game between Switzerland and China. Incredible.

After the game, we made our way and enjoyed a driving tour of Vancouver and then headed back towards Birch Bay stopping in White Rock to enjoy the best fish and chips and burgers that any of us had had in a long long time. Then it was back to the hotel which sat right across from Birch Bay to enjoy a good book in front of the fireplace and then more sleep, which was desparately needed.

Sunday morning, I got up and snapped a few photos of a new inspiring place to me, Birch Bay and we had coffee and headed home:




Now recharged, I am ready to get back into making some jewelry, and it's all going to be spring inspired because I want the winter weather and blahs to disappear soon lol.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment