Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some of my favorite gemstones and why:










Tonight I am trying to inspire myself to make some jewelry for a special order I received. Once again due to a migraine and lack of sleep, my creativity has hit a stump.








I thought perhaps if I spoke to my inner self as I type I may find inspiration. So, in no particular order, I thought I'd share two of my favorite gemstones, their metaphysical properties, and what I use them for - for personal use.



SODALITE: Depending on the color variety of each stone, it reminds me of cloud watching. Aside from the calming, soothing color, Sodalite is helpful in the metaphysical realm to help one arrive at logical conclusions and help eliminate confusion. Who can't use help with that? Being a firm believer in the metaphysical properties of stones and crystals, I use Sodalite personally because I feel it purifies my body and helps with insomia. A couple of my creations with Sodalite are above.

and


ARAGONITE: I have seen this stone vary between white, pale yellow, yellow-gold, green and blue. I have read that there is a brown aragonite, but I have not seen it. A friend of mine turned me on to Aragonite a few years back because I was very stressed out and was having trouble meditating. I went to the store, found Aragonite and touched it. The stones emitted a warming sensation in my hand and I just knew it would help. I now wear an Aragonite bracelet or earrings almost daily. It is believed that Aragonite helps one maintain discipline within their activities and is said to enhance reliability. Aragonite has physical uses as an elixir or wearing the stone. These include bringing warmth to one's extremities and to help ease aches and pains. One of my creations with Aragonite is above to the left.


Well I guess that's it for tonight, I think I will go back to the craft room and try to make some more goodies.




No comments:

Post a Comment